hi, big thx for the game. i played it in my livestream but i had a problem. no ghosts and its very dark. greetings from germany
Eight Hours Demo
A downloadable game for Windows
Eight Hours is a ghost hunting game where the player collects paranormal evidence throughout the night in a haunted house.
Hunt ghosts, banish evil, survive the night.
Take on the role of Bob Norm, paranormal investigator. Begin your night locked in a haunted house. It is your job to capture apparitions residing within the abode. But, not all is as it seems. Something sinister lurks within the house at night. Can you survive Eight Hours?
Eight Hours is the horrifying debut game from Troll Purse. It features you as Bob Norm, a paranormal investigator. At your request, the owner has locked you in the house for the duration of the investigation. Now, it is up to you to discover the secrets of the haunting. You have eight hours - good luck and Godspeed.
- Q - Select Left Tool
- E - Select Right Tool
- W - Move Forward
- S - Move Backward
- A - Move Left
- D - Move Right
- Z - Knock on Door (Ritual)
- Space - Toggle Objectives and Timer
- Shift (Hold) - RUN!
- Mouse Left Button (Click) - Use an interactive, Open doors, pickup objects, combine objects, turn on lights, place objects back down
- Right Mouse Button (Hold) - Record audio, take a photo, or record video
- Mouse X - Rotate left or right
- Mouse Y - Look up or down
- ESC - Pause Game (Adjust Brightness, Resume, Quit)
|Release date||Oct 31, 2017|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||3D, Creepy, Experimental, First-Person, Horror, paranormal, supernatural, Survival Horror, Unreal Engine|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Developer, Twitter, YouTube|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Eight Hours & Troll Purse at Midwest Gaming Classic 2023Mar 11, 2023
- Eight Hours & Troll Purse at Midwest Gaming Classic 2022Apr 13, 2022
- Eight Hours Major Release 3.3.0Oct 12, 2021
- Full Gameplay Video (Walkthrough)Oct 12, 2021
- Refreshed Troll Purse (Eight Hours) Discord ServerOct 09, 2021
- Eight Hours 3.2.2 Released!Apr 24, 2021
- Eight Hour Tools: Night Vision CameraFeb 27, 2021
- Eight Hour Tools: Full Spectrum CameraFeb 27, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Dank, Sie das Spiel gespielt haben (How is our Deutsch? Our best German speaker hasn't spoken "auf Deutsch" in 5 years, and only had 2 years in high school training ;) )
That aside, you have our gratitude for playing the game! And you get applause for being our first streamer/youtuber recording a gameplay video of yourself. Unfortunately, we have no prizes other than pride in calling "First".
As for the lighting issue, that has been a general debate among our teams. See, the light plays a very important role within the game and allowing players to traverse the level in "pitch black" would break the game. However, from what we saw in the video - it seemed to also be an issue with our light switch layout as well as which lights each switch lit up. Your recording of someone (you) playing through the game with zero knowledge of the game and the gameplay has been very helpful and we will soon look for a fix in our next release.
Again - thank you for playing Eight Hours! We acknowledge it is a slower paced game that requires some patience when hunting down EVPs in each of the rooms in the house. Impressively, you are one of our most patient players seen to date.
As you progress there will definitely be entities to encounter - best of luck in your hunting of the paranormal!
big thx and i'm glad to can help you. i wish you the best and your german is much better then my english :) greetings